Volunteers are the engine that drives the Machias Wild Blueberry Festival Annual 5 Mile Run and 1 mile Fun Run. 2016 marks the 41st Annual event! We would like to send out a big THANK YOU to all who have helped over the past years and look forward to seeing old and new faces for 2016!
An event as HUGE and SUCCESSFUL as this cannot be complete without one essential ingredient — YOU! Volunteers are a vital part of creating this spectacular event. Volunteers provide safety and organization, while creating a fun and exciting atmosphere. It takes more than 45-50 volunteers over the course of the event weekend to provide what has become known as the biggest summer event in Downeast Maine.
Volunteers are needed over the course of the weekend, starting with packet pick-up at our Expo event and continuing through race day. Volunteer roles include the following:
- Per-Registration and Packet Assembly
- Expo Packet Pick Up
- Ask Me Team
- Parking Attendant
- Gear Check
- Course Marshals
- Aid/Water Station
- Cheer Station
- Post-Race Area
- Tear Down Crew
- Race Crew Captain
Individual Volunteer Perks
Along with our heart-felt THANK YOU, as an individual volunteer for Healthy Acadia, you will receive:
- Official Healthy Acadia Volunteer Apparel
- Free entry into any Healthy Acadia event (*some restrictions apply)
- Credit toward volunteer/service hours for those needing this benefit
Group and Organization Volunteer Perks & Roles
Not only do we love our volunteers, but we LOVE when groups come out! Show your group/organization/company spirit by coming out together! In addition, we’ll provide donations for qualifying groups (*some restrictions apply). Some of our popular group areas include, but are not limited to:
- Aid Stations: Deck out your aid station by bringing balloons, company branded vehicle, table covers — you name it, you brand it!
- Cheer Station: hold up your organization’s signs to say — “We love you, runners!”
- Medals: you want to own it? Be our guest!
- Gear check: let this become the ‘Gear Check Area, brought to our runners by… ‘ YOU!
For more information about volunteering, or to sign up as a volunteer group at the 2016 Machias Wild Blueberry Festival Annual Blueberry Run, contact Angela Fochesato at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 207-255-3741.