Downeast Coastal Conservancy is pleased to host their first photo contest! Celebrate the natural beauty of coastal Washington County and help inspire the continued protection of the landscapes you love by sharing your best photos with us.
With the support of its members, DCC has conserved some of the most treasured and beautiful places in our area. From its rocky shorelines and colorful countryside, to the forests filled with wildlife and the people that call it home, it is difficult to demonstrate what makes this area so special in just one photo. With that in mind, we’ve created 4 categories to help narrow it down: Landscapes, Wildlife, Community and Close-ups.
All photographs submitted will be judged by a panel of DCC Staff and Volunteers. Finalists will be selected in each category and a “People’s Choice” winner will be determined by voters at this summer’s Wild Blueberry Festival in Machias. All finalists will be posted on the DCC website, featured in our winter newsletter and publicly displayed for the community to enjoy and appreciate.
How to Submit a Photo
Submission is easy! Simply choose your preferred method below and send us your photos by the submission deadline of August 12, 2016.
- Email your photos directly to DCC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post your photos on Facebook and tag your entries #DCCtrails. Any photo uploaded and tagged during the contest period is automatically entered. If selected as a finalist, photos sent via social media may be requested to be sent at a higher resolution for quality reprint.
Photo Contest Rules
- All photos submitted must be shot on DCC’s conserved lands or at a DCC event.
- All photo submissions must be completed electronically and in the digital format of JPEG, JPG, or GIF. All photos must have a minimum resolution of 5 megapixels.
- By submitting photos, participants agree that DCC shall have the unlimited right to reproduce submissions in any electronic and print media that it may produce in the future.
- Please DO NOT submit the following:
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s or entity’s privacy or other rights, including but not limited to copyright.
- Photos that contain explicit, unlawful, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by the DCC panel in its sole discretion.
- Photos that contain commercial or corporate images and logos or copyrighted materials, with the exception of those of Downeast Coastal Conservancy.
- Each submission must identify the property or event where the photo was taken. Photos submitted via email must have an accompanying Name, Address, Phone Number and Email Address. Applicants submitting photos via social media will be contacted for this corresponding information, if needed.
For more info please contact DCC at email@example.com or 207-255-4500.
Get inspired, get creative and have fun! Good luck!